Amazon Prime Day Deals on travel items are right around the corner
Score big on all the travel items you’ve been holding off buying. And even if you are buying outside of Amazon’s Prime time you can still get great deals.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on something and make a purchase we may make a small commission at no extra charge to you. Also, as an Amazon associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please see our Disclosure Statement about all our affiliations.
This is when Amazon slashes prices on more than a million items that are exclusive to Amazon Prime subscribers. It’s a global shopping event, and there will be a lot of Amazon Prime Day Deals on travel items, as well.
When are Amazon Prime Days
This sale is on October 13 and 14, 2020 only, and it goes for only 48 hours. Once you sign up, you’ll be sent emails during the sale days with additional items that are further discounted. Wow! Shopping for 2 days straight!
You have to sign up with Amazon Prime first, and those of you in the US can sign up for a 30-day free trial here or click the box below if you just want to get the deals. You can also give the gift of Amazon Prime to someone else.
This is a prime opportunity to stock up on travel gifts during the summer – pun intended. Or you could be searching for the best gifts for someone traveling abroad.
What kinds of Amazon Prime Day Deals on travel items will you find?
This is a perfect chance to stock up on all your travel essentials. But you can also use this list below to shop anytime you need new travel items. The discounts are fantastic during Amazon Prime Days, but you’ll still get the best prices here.
Let’s start with luggage first.
- You could replace that worn out suitcase with one of these fancy styles. Now-a-days they have 4 wheels that actually work and the newer suitcases are much easier to navigate than the older models.
- Or how about a new travel duffel like this one that is also eligible for Prime. It’s a great, durable over-the-shoulder variety. The other nice thing with this one is there’s a separate side compartment for shoes to keep them separated from clothing.
- Amazon has a great selection of brand name and their own brand of carry on luggage. You’ll save $11 alone on this bag by signing up for Amazon Prime. I’m the queen of packing carry on luggage.
- The outdoor traveler will appreciate backpacks, like this one that’s eligible for Prime as well. Many backpacks are so versatile. So many compartments and useful pockets. You can really pack a lot into these backpacks.
There are so many items for the beach you can pick up, such as:
- A travel Beach Blanket that’s compact and soft. Also look for one that repels sand. There’s nothing worse than bringing 1/2 of the beach back with you.
- Even a pop up Beach Cabana to shelter you from the wind or sun is a great idea. Great for eating your picnic in there from your insulated picnic basket. Or good to take a rest from the pounding sun.
- For the sea, you’ll find Goggles and fins, or this very cool full-face snorkel mask that are all the rage right now.
- You’ll want a lightweight Microfiber beach towel that dries off quickly and takes up little space in your large and roomy beach bag.
- It’s always a good idea to have a portable travel medical kit, for emergencies. I always leave my kit in my suitcase. That way I never need to find it. If you don’t buy a medical kit, create your own. I always have band-aids, make-up pads that can be used for gauze, waterproof tape, small tube of anti-bacterial ointment, aspirins, and cold remedy tablets or powder I dissolve in water. While this might be strange to some, I put organic apple cider vinegar in a leak-proof container. If I have issues with upset stomach or Montezuma’s revenge, a few tablespoons of vinegar with 1/2 glass of water will usually kill any bacteria.
- And you’ll want a waterproof underwater camera/video recorder to record the amazing beach views you’ll experience.
Because who wants to go to the beach with suits you bought 5 years ago?
- You are going to want these mens beach trunks, and maybe this stylish beach cover up. There are so many cute styles, I may even buy a couple of cover ups.
- In Nice, our beaches are rocky, and you can’t easily walk on the stones without a decent pair of sandals or cushy flip flops. And aqua socks are a must if you have delicate feet, like I do. I seriously cannot get in or out of the water if I’m not wearing these. My feet dig into the rock and I do not get a foot hold.
- The sun is scorching hot right now and you really should have a beach hat and have a good set of polarized sunglasses with 100% UV block. You can even get sunscreen through Amazon Prime.
We all could use some help getting organized. These are perfect travel items to keep everything tidy and in one spot.
- Everybody and their brother is buying these packing cubes that they swear by. And these compression packing bags are a new travel item I’ve not seen before. These space saving compression bags are also a hit. You should have spares of these in your bag for when you are coming back from vacation. Inevitably, you will have bought stuff on vacation that you need to shove into your suitcase.
- You’ll need some leakproof plastic shampoo and conditioner bottles. And these silicone ones are great to squeeze every last drop out of the bottle, unlike typical hard plastic bottles that are just crap to use, and you can’t get everything out.
- A mens toiletries bag or a hanging makeup carrier will keep all your bathroom needs in one place, and this jewelry roll is perfect for holding your rings, necklaces and earrings. In your toiletries bag, you’ll want space for your toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, deodorant, cotton swabs, shampoo, conditioner, gel or mousse, nail clipper, brush and multi-function face/hair/body oil like Nuxe here. I swear by Nuxe. It’s a dry oil that is great for taming wild hair, men and women can use it, and also a great moisturizer when you get out of the shower. It’s light enough to use on your face but really nourishes your skin.
We women travel with a lot of travel items and the smaller the better. I’m a big fan of travel-sized anything.
Besides travel-sized toothpaste, my go-to travel-sized travel items are:
- Jo Malone perfume set – 1 oz. This is a London brand and I love their unisex scents. My favorite is Pomegranate Noir.
- Tresemme hairspray – in kick-ass 4* hold. I do not want my hair to move and this hairspray provides a strong hold.
- Face and hand wipes – because you will always need to wipe off the airplane tray table, the train table, a toilet seat, a coffee table, and perhaps some person’s kid next to you. Get the disinfectant wipes. I’m addicted to these.
- Aveda Shampoo/Conditioner – I’m a big fan of Aveda. Their quality is excellent and their products smell nice. While they are not large containers, they are good for a week-long journey.
- If I’m staying in an apartment, I throw these laundry detergent packs in my suitcase. Bundle up your lingerie and light tops for a quick clean. They are a life saver if you plan to be on the road for a bit of time.
- There are so many highly-rated video cameras for Youtube and vlogging that are really economical. Even if you are just starting out, it’s well worth getting one of these.
- You can save big on this Canon EOS DSLR camera and through Prime, who knows how much more you’ll save.
- Here’s a great portable, foldable drone for beginners, or you can get this DJI Mavic professional drone here.
Tech is another department that will have massive savings.
- You could pick up a new HP Lightweight notebook computer or any variety of laptop computers that you take on your travels.
- Another great travel item is a portable, waterproof, Bluetooth speaker. Great for the beach, the hotel room, wherever.
- Keep your pesky computer and phone cords, SD cards, and mouse organized in this electronics organizer.
See? There will be so many Amazon Prime Day Deals on travel items, you won’t know where to start. Happy Shopping!
PIN ME! LOVE ME!