Things to do in Catania Sicily
Take Time to Visit Catania
- 1 Take Time to Visit Catania
- 2 Is Catania worth visiting?
- 3 Things to see and do in Catania, Sicily
- 4 1. Stroll Via Etnea for interesting sites to see in Catania
- 5 2. Visit Catania’s Cathedral Sant’ Agata
- 6 3. Admire the Fontana dell’Elefante in Catania
- 7 4. Visit the Catania Fish Market
- 8 5. Take a tour of Mount Etna
- 9 6. Eat ice cream for breakfast, like the Sicilians do
- 10 7. Visit the Anfiteatro Romano
- 11 8. What to drink in Catania? Enjoy a Limone al Selz
- 12 9. Entertainment in Catania – Take in a performance at Teatro Massimo
- 13 10. Getting around Catania, Sicily – Ride the Hop-on, Hop-off bus
- 14 Hotels in Catania
Returning to Catania after 30 years
Is Catania worth visiting?
Things to see and do in Catania, Sicily
1. Stroll Via Etnea for interesting sites to see in Catania
2. Visit Catania’s Cathedral Sant’ Agata
3. Admire the Fontana dell’Elefante in Catania
4. Visit the Catania Fish Market
5. Take a tour of Mount Etna
Due to the size of Mount Etna you can take a variety of organized tours from Catania. You can do 1/2 day and full day organized tours of Etna. If you are more adventurous you can also hike up Etna or see Etna from a 4×4 Jeep. Companies will provide you with all the safety gear you need to visit this must-see natural wonder that is ever erupting.
As Etna has been more active as of recent, you need to play your visit according to the safest ways and days to visit. Right now, I’d recommend an organized tour as the operators know Etna’s activity and know when to go and not.
And while we are talking about visiting areas near Catania, why not visit Siracusa for a week? They say it’s the hottest city in Sicily!
6. Eat ice cream for breakfast, like the Sicilians do
7. Visit the Anfiteatro Romano
8. What to drink in Catania? Enjoy a Limone al Selz
9. Entertainment in Catania – Take in a performance at Teatro Massimo
10. Getting around Catania, Sicily – Ride the Hop-on, Hop-off bus
If you wish to explore further, read my article on Things to do in Taormina Sicily. For a unique culinary experience in Taormina, take a cooking class with Gian Luca, the owner at the Osteria Santo Domenico.
And while we are on the topic of Italy, if you are traveling in the Veneto area and have only a day to visit Venice, please check out Greta’s Travels on What to do in Venice in One Day. She has some great information of the best-see attractions to get the most out of a single day in Venice. Be sure to check out her YouTube channel as well. Great fun videos packed full of information.